Undocumented students who meet Fort Lewis College admission requirements and have been accepted for admission or are continuing Fort Lewis College students are eligible for in-state tuition at Colorado’s public higher education institutions under the ASSET bill, Senate Bill 13-033, if they meet the necessary qualifications starting summer semester 2013.
To qualify for Colorado ASSET in-state tuition, an undocumented student must:
Have attended a public or private high school in Colorado for at least three years immediately before graduation or completed a general equivalency diploma (GED) in Colorado. Three years is defined as six academic terms from three separate years immediately preceding graduation or completing the Colorado GED.
Be admitted to a Colorado college or university within 12 months of graduation from a Colorado high school or completion of a Colorado GED OR graduated from a Colorado high school or completed a Colorado GED before September 1, 2013 and have continuous physical presence in Colorado for 18 months preceding the start of the semester.
- Apply for and complete an affidavit with the College Opportunity Fund (COF) indicating that you have applied for legal presence or will apply as soon as you are eligible to do so.
- Submit the Fort Lewis College ASSET Affidavit and supporting documents to the Office of Admission 30 days prior to the specific semester for which they are applying.
- Submit official final Colorado high school transcripts indicating three years of attendance at a Colorado high school.
- Submit official Colorado GED transcript, if applicable.
- If a transfer student, submit official proof of acceptance at a Colorado college or university (institutions other than Fort Lewis College) within 12 months of graduation from a Colorado high school or completion of a Colorado GED.
Students who were not accepted to a Colorado college/university within 12 months of graduation from a Colorado high school or competition of a Colorado GED prior to September 1, 2013, must submit proof of 18 months of continuous physical presence in Colorado prior to the first day of the semester. The documents must indicate a Colorado mailing address in order to determine continuous physical presence.
- Copy of lease agreement signed by all parties or rent receipts
- Copy of their warranty deed or tax liability statement for homeowners
- Students who lived with a friend or relative must provide a notarized statement from that person indicating the property address and the dates of residence.
Provide at least two of the following documents:
- Colorado state identification or driver’s license
- Colorado vehicle registration
- Proof of employment (W-2 or check stubs)
- Signed copies of Colorado income tax return or Colorado tax transcript for the previous year
Contact the Office of Admission at 970-247-7184 or firstname.lastname@example.org
for additional information.