These steps will ensure a smooth process, and guarantee your transfer to Fort Lewis College with Junior status pursuing your selected major:
STEP 1: APPLY.
- Complete your high school degree or GED.
- Apply for admission at any Colorado community college. During the application process, indicate your interest in the FLC-CC Admission Promise program.
STEP 2: ATTEND.
- Start your coursework at your chosen Colorado community college and complete an Associate’s of Arts or Associate’s of Science degree.
- Use the Fort Lewis College – Colorado Community College Transfer Guide to help choose classes that will count towards both your Associate’s degree and your Bachelor’s degree.
- Meet at least once a semester with your Colorado community college advisor AND your Fort Lewis College advisor to make sure you’re still on track at both schools. These appointments can be in person or over the phone.
STEP 3: TRANSITION.
- Complete all requirements for your Associate’s degree at your Colorado community college with a minimum 2.4 GPA.
- Grant permission for Fort Lewis College personnel to view/receive your community college transcripts.
- Submit a complete application to Fort Lewis College--the $40 application fee will be waived.
- If desired, attend special prospective student events in Denver and on the FLC campus to meet current students and FLC faculty and staff.
STEP 4: CONTINUE.
- Start your coursework at Fort Lewis College in your chosen major.
- Continue to work with your FLC advisor and your new FLC faculty advisor to make sure you're on track to graduate in two more years.
- Pre-register each semester for your Fort Lewis classes during the appropriate registration period.
STEP 5: GRADUATE.
- Complete all graduation requirements at Fort Lewis College and receive your Bachelor's degree!