Requests for a Fort Lewis College course to be used in substitution for a required course, or the request that a requirement be waived, must be requested through the Exception to Graduation Requirements process. 

The request may be initiated by the student, the student’s advisor, or a departmental faculty member (email

Once the Exception to Graduation Requirements process is initiated, the appropriate department chair, school dean, or program director will determine approval.

If the course to be substituted was transferred in from another college, the request must be made with one of the following Transfer Inquiry forms:

Transfer Evaluation Inquiry Form-General
Transfer Evaluation Inquiry Form-Liberal Arts Core

Questions?  Email the Registrar’s Office at