Alumni Association Scholarships
At Fort Lewis College we take care of our own! Every year, the Alumni Association provides scholarships to the children and grandchildren of Fort Lewis College alumni. It is only through the generous contributions of alumni that these scholarships are possible.
Apply Now! (Online Application | Download PDF Application)
APPLYING FOR SCHOLARSHIPS/AWARDS
- Any child or grandchild of an alumnus/alumna of Fort Lewis College is eligible to apply for alumni scholarships. An alumnus/alumna of Fort Lewis College is defined as a person who has attended a minimum of two years or four terms at Fort Lewis College.
- The scholarship applicant must have a 3.0 cumulative grade point average. College students must have carried an average of 15 credit hours for each of the fall and winter semesters. First consideration will be given to those who have demonstrated academic excellence at the college level.
- In addition to the Application Form, all applicants must submit the following supplemental documents:
- A letter or essay discussing why you feel you are a good candidate for the scholarship/award.
- Applicants requesting special consideration must also provide documentation of financial or special needs.
- Copies (need not be official) of all high school and college transcripts.
- Recipients of scholarships must complete a minimum of 15 credit hours per term to be eligible to retain the scholarship in subsequent terms/years. Recipients must also submit a letter of thanks once they are notified of their scholarship, and must agree to help the Alumni Association at a minimum of one special event or with one special project during the academic year.
- Scholarships are generally valued up to the cost of in-state tuition. The value of awards, as well as the overall number of scholarships and awards given, varies dependent upon available funds.
- Scholarships and awards will be made for (1) academic year (fall and winter terms) and are not automatically renewable; Recipients must re-apply for the scholarship each academic year.
- The dollar amount of any award - in combination with other institutional awards - is not to exceed resident tuition, even though both nonresident and resident students may apply on an equal basis.
In addition to filling out the application form below, applicants must also attach:
- Letter as to why you feel you are a good candidate for the Alumni/Old Fort Scholarship or the Alumni Award.
- *Applicants requesting special consideration must also provide documentation of financial or special needs.
- Copies of all high school and college transcripts (need not be official).
Contact Sandy Jameson, Scholarship Manager, at 970 247-7121 or email@example.com to inquire about requirements.
Application Deadline February 1st.