Every year, the Alumni Association provides scholarships and awards to the children and grandchildren of Fort Lewis College alumni and former students. It is only through the generous contributions of alumni that these scholarships are possible.
Apply Now! (Online Application | Download PDF Application)
APPLYING FOR SCHOLARSHIPS/AWARDS
- Four (4) types of awards are available: Alumni Association Scholarships and Awards, and Old Fort Scholarships and Awards.
- Any child or grandchild of an alumnus/alumna of Fort Lewis College is eligible to apply for scholarships and awards. An alumnus/alumna of Fort Lewis College is defined as a person who has attended a minimum of two years or four terms at Fort Lewis College. First consideration for Old Fort scholarships and awards are to descendants of persons who attended the Old Fort campus.
- The SCHOLARSHIP applicant must have a 3.0 cumulative grade point average. College students must have carried an average of 30 credit hours for the fall and winter trimesters. First consideration will be given to those who have demonstrated academic excellence at the college level.
- The AWARD applicant must have a 2.7 cumulative grade point average. First consideration will be given to students carrying 15 semester-hours. Special consideration will be given to the student with less than 15 semester-hours who documents financial or special needs.
- In addition to the Application Form, all applicants must submit the following supplemental documents:
- A letter or essay discussing why you feel you are a good candidate for the scholarship/award.
- Award applicants requesting special consideration must also provide documentation of financial or special needs.
- Copies (need not be official) of all high school and college transcripts.
- Recipients of scholarships must complete a minimum of 15 credit hours per term to be eligible to retain the scholarship in subsequent terms/years. Recipients must also submit a letter of thanks once they are notified of their scholarship, must agree to attend a monthly meeting of the Alumni Association Board of Directors, and must agree to help the Alumni Association at a minumum of one special event or with one special project.
- Scholarships are generally valued at $1500. The value of awards, as well as the overall number of scholarships and awards given, varies dependent upon available funds.
- Scholarships and awards will be made for (1) academic year (fall and winter terms) and are not automatically renewable; Recipients must re-apply for the scholarship each academic year.
- Both nonresident and resident students may apply on an equal basis.
- Read the scholarship/award criteria carefully to be sure you qualify.
- Complete the application and include the requested supplemental materials.
- Use our Online Application Form or return the PDF Application Form and supplemental materials by the deadline to:
Fort Lewis College
1000 Rim Drive
Berndt Hall Office 2201
Durango, CO 81301-3999
(970) 247-7121 (phone)
(970) 247-7175 (fax)
The deadline to submit all materials for the following academic year is February 15th