Purpose for Application
To inform interested students of the requirements for acceptance into the Fort Lewis College Athletic Training Education Program (ATEP).
To establish equal student opportunity for acceptance by providing comparable background information on the student applicant to the screening and acceptance committee.
To serve as a contract of acceptance into the Fort Lewis College ATEP.
Prerequisites of Application
- Declared Athletic Training major.
- Proof of enrollment in or completion of:
- AT 205 – Emergency Responder with a grade of B or better
- AT 220 – Clinical in Athletic Training I with a grade of B or better
- AT 224 – Basic Principles of Athletic Training with a grade of B or better
- BIO 233 – Human Anatomy with a grade of C or better
3. A minimum overall grade point average of 2.5 or better
4. An Athletic Training major grade point average of 3.0 or better
5. Completion of a minimum of 50 hours observation in the FLC Athletic Training Room at the time of application.
All applicants for the ATEP must submit the following materials to the Program Director by the first Tuesday in April (for fall admittance) or the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving (for winter admittance).
- Application cover sheet
- Letter of application
- A completed Candidate Questionnaire
- Letters of recommendation, utilizing the provided form:
- One from a FLC faculty member (cannot be an Athletic Training faculty member)
- One from a FLC faculty member
Could be completed by community college or high school teacher, if more appropriate - see program director for approval
- On from an adult professional (no including immediate family). This should be someone who is familiar with your professional goals and work ethic
- Copy of all unofficial transcripts
- Documentation of 50 clinical hours in the FLC Athletic Training Room.
- Completed Technical Standards document.
Once the applications have been received and reviewed, an interview with the admissions committee will be conducted to discuss the application. A completed application and interview will not guarantee admittance into the ATEP at Fort Lewis College.
Please see current Athletic Training Student Handbook for specific information on expenses related to the Athletic Training Education Program.
Click here for all application related documents
**Transfer students please contact ATEP Director, Dr. Carrie Meyer, as soon as possible to discuss your transition to Fort Lewis College. Students cannot transfer directly into the Professional Phase of the ATEP. Therefore, transfer students must plan to spend a minimum of 2 ½ years in residence at Fort Lewis College to complete a BA in Athletic Training.