Testing for a Commercial Drivers License:
FLC Continuing Education is a Certified Third-party testing Unit for the State of Colorado's department, CDL Compliance. Our CDL Testers are also State Certified, and provide tests by appointment only (trucks are not provided). The three skills tests on the CDL exam are conducted as outlined in Sections 11, 12 and 13 of the Colorado CDL Manual. Please review this information prior to showing up for your exam. (Safety issues have resulted in more strict testing being require, and we don't want you to fail and lose your time and money. Please note: our exams are the driving exam of getting a CO CDL license; we are not a trucking school.
Add Endorsements / Remove Restrictions:
To add an endorsement or to remove an air brake restriction requires a full exam (see fee list below). Once you pass your exam, you must present your completion form to the Division of Motor Vehicles within 60 days or you will be required to repeat your exam at full cost.
To schedule a CDL exam, please call the examiner nearest you (scroll down to see list). It is best to schedule your exam at least a week in advance. You must have access to a truck or van to take this exam as vehicles are not provided by the examiners.
Fees - must be paid up front:
- $225 for Full Test (Class A, B, and C)
- Full Test for Nonprofit Agency: $100 (employee or volunteer driver)
- To add an endorsement or to remove an air brake restriction requires a full exam ($225 or $100 for employee of a nonprofit agency)
- Fees for a re-test range from $50 to $225 (check with the tester beforehand to ascertain the amount for your retest)
Payment is due at the time of testing - no exceptions!
- If paying via check, make it payable to Fort Lewis College and be sure to bring it when you take your test.
- If you or your employer would like to pay online with a credit card, please click here to go our secure online store. NOTE: If paid online, bring a printed copy of the email confirmation of payment with you when you take your test.
- If paying cash, please bring the precise amount as testers do not carry change.
Exams are given by appointment only; appointments must be scheduled a week in advance. Please allow a minimum of 2 hours for the test and be aware that tests can take up to 3 hours.
If you fail a test and would like to schedule a re-test, you must wait a minimum of 72 hours to re-test.
Southwest Colorado Area CDL Testers:
Shelley Hannon, Durango: Phone: (970) 799-2773
Shelley administers Class A, B, and C exams and endorsements.
Daniel Greer, Durango: (970) 779-0906
Dan administers Class A, B, and C exams and endorsements.