If you would like to study at an academic level and can fully commit to a college level class held weekdays on our campus for an entire semester, now is your chance!
Through the Community Learner Program (hereafter CLP) , community members may attend FLC courses without going through the Admissions process. CLP courses cost just $100 per credit hour, which is significantly less than FLC's regular tuition rates.
FLC faculty have generously agreed to open up some of their classes to committed community learners. Registration in the CLP is on a "standby" basis to give matriculated FLC students first priority in filling open seats in an academic college class. The way this works:
- CLP students pre-register through the Office of Continuing Education;
- CLP students begin classes on the first day of class with the understanding that up until Census Date, there is a chance they may be "bumped" from class;
- On the first day of class, CLP student will present the permission slip to faculty for signature and then forward the form to CE;
- CLP student registrations are confirmed by CE after census (typically 12 working days after the first day of class);
- CLP students may consider their classes prior to census date to be a "test period" for them to determine whether they wish to continue;
- Although payment is required before the first day of class, payments are not processed until after final confirmation has occurred;
- There will be no refunds granted after CLP students know they have a seat and have agreed to stay in a class (i.e. final confirmation).
Quick links to important info: