This program allows community members to audit a college class without submitting transcripts through Admissions, for noncredit, and at a reduced rate ($100 per credit) through FLC Continuing Education.
Registration in the CLP is on a "standby" basis to give matriculated FLC students first priority in filling open seats in an academic college class. The way this works:
- Find the class you want to take through a search in the FLC online Catalog (click on "CLP Course List," below, and links will take you there).
- Contact the Faculty member (listed in the online catalog information) and ask for permission to enroll in his or her class through the CLP.
- CLP students begin classes on the first day of class with the understanding that up until Census Date, there is a chance you may be "bumped" from class. Your payment will not be processed until this occurs, which also gives you a chance to test the class and make sure you want to attend for the whole semester.
- Take the CLP Registration Form and Code/Permission forms (found linked in the column to your right, at the top) to the first class, and bring them to CE after class (completely filled out, with signatures).
- CE will set up your computer and library accounts at this time and answer any questions you have (feel free to call beforehand, however).
- CLP student registrations are confirmed by CE after census (typically 12 working days after the first day of class), which is when your payment will be processed.
- There will be no refunds granted after CLP students know they have a seat and have agreed to stay in a class (i.e. final confirmation).
Quick links to important info: