~ Spring Classes ~
On the Way!!!
We are in the process of receiving proposals for our Spring 2014 line-up of community classes. Stay tuned for more informaiton, which will be posted soon!
The CE Catalog will be inserted in The Durango Herald on Friday, January 10, for anyone who wants a hard-copy. We'll also distribute Catalogs to local coffee houses, the Community Rec Center, and local libraries. This spring, watch for announcements using social media, email, and ways to link you to our information online.
Thank you for your interest in FLC Continuing Education. We are dedicated to bringing you quality education and opportunities to connect with the college, community, and exceptional instructors.
The Professional Nonprofit Management Certificate Program (PNMCP) is thrilled to that Paulette Church has taken the helm as Director of this vital program. She has already created two new programs for the benefit of our nonprofit sector, a partnership with Colorado Resource Center (CRC) and Colorado Nonprofit Association (CNA), which will allow hours from their trainings to apply to the 50-hour Certificate offered in the PNMCP program. We are also launching a Mentorship Program that will allow local nonprofits to sign up with local professional nonprofit consultants for a reduced rate to get one-on-one input to help strengthen their organizations.
Spring 2014 will welcome back the following CE teachers and also add new classes soon to be posted:
- Will Gray (Writing)
- Paul Boyer (Photography)
- Margaret Barge (Watercolor)
- Mark Sullivan (Architecture, Alternative Building Methods)
- Doc Roberts (Internet Marketing/Publishing)
- Olen Batchelor (eBay)
- Lynn Kuntz (Writing)
- Alan Cuenca (Wine)
- Leslie Carlson (Dance)
- Mark Fallon-Cyr (True Success I & II)
- Scott Miller (Japanese Culture)
- Sage Petersen (Martial Arts)
- Chuck Helvoigt (Disaster Preparation)
- Ruth Bloom (Drawing)
- Robert Bridges (Mindful Photography)
- Roger O’Keefe (Retirement Planning)
- Nancy Hibbs (Interior Design)
- VoiceCoaches (Get Paid to Talk)
- Leah Ilanah (Tarot)
- Anna-Marija Helt (Holistic Medicine)
- Brenda Macon (Drawing)
- Marlene Hutchinson (Guitar)
Fall brought these exceptional new classes and instructors to you, and many will be returning:
- Entrepreneurial Business Basics (Marc Katz)
- Ancestral Primitive Living Skills (Matt Brummett)
- True Success II: Mapping Your Path to Success (Mark Fallon-Cyr and Maureen Fallon-Cyr)
- Salt: The Rock that Rocks the World (Mary Meredith)
- Creating an EdVenture Together (Mary Ann Goff and Emily Olson)
- What are Mobile Apps? (Franklin Talley)
- Climate Change (Ike Turiel)
- Sign Communication (Robert DeNyke)
- Beginning Spanish (Beth Malcolm)
- Enneagram and Sales (Barbara Gormally)
- Social Security Planning (David Rick)
- Living the Joy of You! and Relationships: Sparkles of Joy!
(Jo C. Soignier and Judy Katzin)
- The Universe Story (Mary Ocken)
Gigi Baty, Director
Liz James, Office Manager
Fort Lewis College