If you need to withdraw from a course, please notify us immediately. It is important that we have an accurate head count for class so we know if it is viable. As a cash-funded department, our classes are paid for from registration fees - FLC does not subsidize our budget. A minimum of eight registrations per class is what it takes to pay the instructors and keep our office doors open.
Not attending class does not constitute withdrawal, and the course instructor cannot grant withdrawal or a refund. If you fail to withdraw, you will not receive any refund. If you fail to officially withdraw from a credit-based course, you will receive an administrative grade, which is unsatisfactory.
Refunds for Local Classes (noncredit) are granted as follows:
- 100% refunds are automatically processed when a class is canceled by CE.
- 90% refunds will be granted if requests are received seven working days or more before a class begins.
- 50% refunds are granted if requests are received less than seven working days before a class begins.
- 0% refunds are granted for withdrawals after the 2nd class session for any reason.
Refunds for Online Classes (noncredit):
- ed2go (Gatlin) career training programs: once materials have been accessed, no refund is available.
- ed2go short courses: before and during the first 5 days of class, your registration can be cancelledfor no charge.
- TravelCampus: once materials have been accessed, no refund is available.
- VESi courses for K12 educators: withdrawal and refund may be granted within 30 days of registration if student has not advanced past exam 1.