Instructor: David Rick
Fee: $45, 1 class
Schedule: Thursday, 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
(Choose 1) September 26, 2013
- OR -
Saturday, 9 a.m. - Noon
October 26, 2013
Social Security benefits represent most retiree’s largest financial asset. Unfortunately, most Americans have very little knowledge or resources to make informed decisions. Representatives at the Social Security Administration are not allowed to give advice and can only provide information and details on the rules. Choosing the right strategy can often mean hundreds of thousands of dollars in added benefits over a retiree’s lifetime.
The objective of this three hour course is to increase your knowledge of how Social Security works, and how it fits into your overall retirement plan. Some topics we will discuss:
- Strategies to maximize lifetime benefits
- Coordinating spousal benefits
- How taxes affect Social Security benefits
- How Social Security planning integrates with Medicare and long term care
- How survivor benefits work
- How divorced spousal benefits work
- How the cost of living adjustments (COLA) affect benefits.