Paulette Church, Director
Gigi congratulates Paulette, WRC's 2012 Woman of the Year
Join us for the PNMCP First Tuesdays Club, which meets at the Rochester Hotel on the first Tuesday of every month from 5 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. We use this informal gathering to talk about nonprofit management topics and share resources with one another. Enrolled Certificate students are awarded one credit hour toward their Certificate at no charge. The Rochester provides a beautiful venue for us to meet. (Cash bar, no purchase necessary to attend.)
Certificate Program General Information:
- Strictly noncredit (not for college credit);
- Local classes are held on FLC campus;
- No tests, graded papers, or mandatory attendance;
- Students evaluate instructors after each course;
- Attendance in classes = 50 hours = Certificate:
- Class hours count toward a Certificate if enrolled in the NPMCP by the end of class term (Fall or Winter);
- Attendance hours are the only requirement toward Certificate hours;
- There is no limit to the hours you may take in any term;
- There is no time limit to earn a Certificate;
- There is no set curriculum; take classes that are of highest benefit to you and your organization;
- Courses are being developed with the nonprofit sector in mind;
- The PNMCP is designed to be practical: you will come away with skills that can be implemented right now;
- Anyone can take courses offered for the nonprofit sector, regardless of enrollment in the PNMCP as a Certificate student;
- A one-time $50 administrative fee supports administration, record-keeping, and program facilitation.
* Please Note: You may take nonprofit management courses without registering in the PNMCP as a Certificate student. Course hours cannot, however, be applied retroactively to a Certificate after the term ends.
Benefits of the Nonprofit Certificate Program
- Networking with the regional nonprofit sector integrated into the format of the Certificate Program. Connect with your colleagues and peers in an educational environment that will lead to future collaboration and stronger relationships between organizations;
- Organization development trainings relevant to all nonprofit agency Executive Directors, Board members, staff and volunteers as well as philanthropists and other associates;
- Earn a Certificate in Professional Nonprofit Management: an individual career investment that you can take with you for the rest of your life!
- Nonprofit sector expressed a need for local trainings;
- The Nonprofit Leadership Committee was formed in 2008;
- FLC Deans' Council approved the Certificate program in May 2009;
- The Professional Nonprofit Management Certificate Program was launched in January 2010.