Do you learn better by doing?
Our students begin their clinical studies earlier than at other schools, using professional equipment in our Human Performance/Exercise Physiology Laboratory, a rich source of of hands-on skill-building experiences that prepare our students for professional careers in the field of Exercise Science.
Real world application of previous theoretical and applied knowledge and skills in a professional setting, supervised by a qualified professional. Specific requirements will depend upon the supervising Fort Lewis College faculty member.
Interesting Exercise Science courses
- Kinesiology & Biomechanics
- Motor Learning and Control
- Nutrition Fitness & Sport
- Sociology of Sport
- Exercise Physiology
- Sport & Exercise Psychology
- Gender in Sport
- Sport in Film
- Adapted Aquatics
- Adapted Exercise
- Sport Ethics
- Legal Aspects of Sports / Physical Education
- Community First Aid and Safety
- Introduction to Coaching - ASEP
- Physical Activity and Aging
- Research Design and Development