The Foundation scholarship application can be obtained from the Foundation Office, 2201 Berndt Hall, 1000 Rim Drive, Fort Lewis College, Durango, CO 81301, or you can download an application. Complete the application and required documents* both for an initial award and for a renewal of all awards. Submit all forms to the Foundation Office in person or by mail no later than February 15th . Incomplete applications and failure to include all required documents will result in your application not being considered.
Applications are reveiwed by the Foundation Scholarship committee. Applicants will be notified of our decision no later than May 1st.
YOU must reapply each year to qualify for renewal of a Foundation Scholarship.
1. To apply, you must be officially accepted to Fort Lewis College with a plan to be a
full time degree-seeking student.
2. Download application above or obtain a paper form from the Foundation Office. Please
submit only one application.
*3. Include only one copy of your unofficial college transcript. Current students may print
transcript from WebOpus.
*4. New freshman must submit one copy of high school transcripts.
*5. Include only one essay with your application. Your essay should address the general
requirements listed below, as well as any additional requirements of the specific
scholarships for which you are applying:
- Your reason for applying for a scholarship
- Your short & long term goals, including career goals
- How a scholarship will help you reach your goals and educational objectives
- Why you chose your field of study
- Examples of leadership and/or personal integrity
- List of extracurricular and/or volunteer activities, interests and community service
- List your honors, awards and/or accomplishments
6. Proof of having filed the Free Application for FederalStudent Aid (FAFSA) is not required
but you must state in your essay that you have filed the FAFSA.
Fort lewis College Foundation
2201 Berndt Hall
1000 Rim Drive
Fort Lewis College
Durango, CO 81301