To apply to the John F. Reed Honors Program, you must have:
- Currently taking or have completed at least 1 Hon 221, 222, or 223 course
- Earned at least 15, but no more than 80, credits at Fort Lewis College
- Earned at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Complete the “Personal Information” and “Academic Information” of the John F. Reed Honors Program Application.
- Attach an unofficial copy of your transcript. Copies may be obtained from your WebOpus account or the Registrar's Office.
- Write an application essay.
- Submit an academic writing sample.
- Request letters/emails of recommendation from two faculty members.
- Submit your application materials to
Arts & Sciences
The next round of applications will be due Friday, Oct. 31 by 5 p.m.
Review of Applications and Interview of Applicants
All applications will be reviewed by the Honors Council. You will be contacted for an interview with two Council members sometime during the two weeks following the deadline. We will send you information ahead of time on what the Council members would like to discuss with you. Admission decisions will be announced by the end of the semester.