Fort Lewis College requires all incoming first-time freshman students to live on campus for two academic semesters (fall and spring) unless they meet one of the following exemptions:
- they live with parents/guardians within a 60-mile radius of the campus
- they are 20 years of age or older
- have previously lived in a residential school for at least a year (ie boarding school)
- have prior military service
- they are married or are a parent
All exemption requests must be submitted in writing and approved by the Director of Housing. If you apply for on-campus housing and are housed for the fall term and you do not request an exemption, you are obligated to reside on campus for the full academic year.
You may email your exemption request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your FLC email account, or you can fax your request (please include your full name, FLC ID# and signature) to the Housing Office at 970-247-7501.