Benefits for Classified staff at Fort Lewis are developed and regulated by the State of Colorado. The benefit package includes health, dental, life, and disability programs. Participation in these plans is optional for the employee. For detailed plan information, visit the State of Colorado Employee Benefits website.
United Healthcare administers two different health plans. To learn more about these options you can visit the United Healthcare website, or call the service line at 877-283-5424.
- Choice Plus - This option has co-pays for services such as doctor's office visits, specialist visits and preventive care.
Employee only $72.04/month Employee + Children $165.26/month
Employee + Spouse $289.12/month Employee + Family $435.74/month
- Choice Plus Definity - A Health Savings Account (HSA)-qualified option. No co-pays (except for preventive care), but uses a deductible.
Employee only $28.96/month Employee + Children $56.30/month
Employee + Spouse $176.76/month Employee + Family $262.50/month
- Vision Services. As of July 1, 2013 a vision hardware benefit has been added to our medical plans. This is not a separate vision plan. If you sign up for one of the State's medical options, you will automatically receive the additional vision benefits. You will need to ensure that your choice of vision services provider is covered under the United HealthCare medical plan. Employees can confirm your provider is contracted by checking on the UHC website under United HealthCare Choice. You will need to get your eye exam through the medical plan using a medical plan provider as you have done in the past, and then utilize a vision plan provider to obtain your hardware and materials (glasses and contacts).
The State of Colorado offers a self-funded dental program administered by Delta Dental. There are two plans available. To learn more about the plans, visit the Delta Dental website
or call the customer service line at 800-489-7168.
- Dental Basic $1,000 annual benefit, pays 100% of preventive and diagnostic services, 70% of basic services
Employee only $4.28/month Employee + Children $14.76/month
Employee + Spouse $15.76/month Employee + Family $27.14/month
- Dental Basic Plus $2,000 annual benefit, pays 100% of preventive and diagnostic services, 80% of basic services
Employee only $18.38/month Employee + Children $44.32/month
Employee + Spouse $43.92/month Employee + Family $70.80/month
Enrollment in Short-term Disability (STD) is automatic, requires no action by you and is not part of Enrollment. It is provided by the State of Colorado at no cost to you, and pays up to 60% of your pre-disability income for up to 150 days following the required 30-day waiting period.
Long-term Disability (LTD) can be purchased by employees on an after-tax basis. Premiums are determined by salary, age and PERA vesting status. After a six-month waiting period, benefits are payable up to 60% of your pre-disability earnings until age 65 (later in some cases) if you continue to meet plan requirements.
LTD enrollment is NOT guaranteed. After enrolling in the online enrollment system, you MUST complete your Evidence of Insurability (EOI) form. Without EOI, no application can be approved. The EOI form must be submitted to Standard no later than 31 days after your Enrollment period. Otherwise, you will need to wait until the next Open Enrollment period to apply. The EOI form is available through the link below.
Disability coverage is provided through The Standard Insurance Company.
PERA Disability Insurance
If you have at least five years of PERA covered employment, you may be eligible for PERA disability benefits. LTD Premiums for PERA-vested members are lower than for non-vested members. Please refer to the chart comparing PERA and State disability benefits. For information about PERA benefits, please call PERA directly at 1-800-759-7372.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
The State-paid Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) life insurance provides $50,000 of coverage at no cost to employees. Employees may apply for Optional Life and AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage.
Coverage is provided by Minnesota Life. Dedicated Customer Service Line for Minnesota Life is 1-877-828-7728. They can provide answers to questions on claims, evidence of insurability forms, details on coverage, portability and conversion.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) enable you to pay for certain eligible medical and dependent/ day care expenses with pre-tax dollars. FSA rules and regulations are explained in detail in the Salary Reduction Plan, and the FAQs for FSAs. You are expected to be familiar with the conditions and limitations of the plan. Making an error during the enrollment process or misunderstanding plan provisions will NOT enable you to change your elections during the Plan Year.
Employee Assistance Programs
Fort Lewis College offers two Employee Assistance Programs to all regular employees. The program is also available to dependents of eligible employees. This service provides up to 6-8 free counseling sessions per employee/dependent, per fiscal year. If the participating employee/dependents need to have more counseling sessions, they will be required to pay for extra services personally. Employees can feel secure in knowing that their identities are kept confidential no person at Fort Lewis College will know they participated in the program.
On-Campus appointments are available by calling The State of Colorado Program (C-SEAP) at (800)-821-8154.
Summary of Benefit Coverage
Off-Campus appointments are available at Mercy Medical Center through Profile EAP. To make an appointment, call (970) 764-3760. Employee's will have to present college ID's or a pay stub so that they can verify the employee works at Fort Lewis College and is eligible for the benefit.