Fort Lewis College has reserved 102 spots for alumni, current students, faculty/staff, their families and significant others, and FLC supporters to ride as the Fort Lewis College Road Scholars Team in the McDonald's Citizen Tour to Silverton, May 25, 2013. We also have unlimited space for a Fort Lewis College Road Scholars Team to ride in the Durango Mountain Resort Quarter Horse to Purgatory on May 25, 2013.
For training options at FLC, check out http://www.ironhorsetraining.com
By joining the Fort Lewis College Road Scholars Team, you will receive the following benefits:
- Special edition Fort Lewis College Road Scholars Team jersey for Silverton tour riders and a special edition t-shirt for Quarter Horse Purgatory riders
- Tax-deductible donation to the IHBC Scholarship Fund
- The Iron Horse Bicycle Classic will contribute $5-$10 (for your entry) to the IHBC Scholarship fund
- Road Scholars Happy Hour on Saturday, May 25th, 5-7, at the Durango Welcome Center, 802 Main Ave., downtown Durango
McDonald's Citizens Tour details
What: Iron Horse Bicycle Classic McDonald's Citizen Tour (50 miles from Durango to Silverton)
When: Saturday May 25th, 2013, 8:30 a.m.
Where: College Drive and Camino Del Rio (Wells Fargo/McDonald's)
How much: $195 for registration fee, jersey and a tax-deductible donation
All riders must be past Coal Bank Pass Summit by 12:15pm and Molas Pass by 12:55pm. Riders not past those points will be transported by bus to Silverton, and their bikes will be trucked. Riders who need more that 4 hours 45 minutes to complete the ride are encouraged to do the early bird start at 7:00am. Roads open to vehicles at 1:00pm and all riders must be off by then!
Durango Mountain Resort Quarter Horse tour details
What: Iron Horse Bicycle Classic Quarter Horse (25 miles from Durango to Purgatory)
When: Saturday May 25th, 2013, 8:45 a.m.
Where: College Drive and Camino Del Rio (Wells Fargo/ McDonald's)
How much: $95 for registration fee, t-shirt, and a donation to the scholarship fund
**If the events are canceled due to weather there will be no reimbursement nor event postponement** There are no refunds for any cancelations.
Your bib number and jersey or t-shirt will be sent to you in early May.
FLC Road Scholar Events:
- Buckley Park, Friday, May 24, 2013: 5:30-7:30 pm packet pickup for those who didn't get it in the mail, luggage drop off, cowbells and information at the FLC tent.
- Start of McDonald's Citizens Tour to Silverton, Saturday, May 25, 2013, 8:30 am College Dr and Camino Del Rio (Wells Fargo/McDonald's)
- Start of Durango Mountain Resort Quarter Horse to Purgatory, Saturday, May 25, 2013, 8:45 am College Dr and Camino Del Rio (Wells Fargo/McDonald's)
- Happy Hour, Saturday, May 25th 2013, 5-7 p.m. at the Durango Welcome Center, 802 Main Ave. We'll send out invitations.
Check the IHBC website site for details on activities, events, status updates...
Contact email@example.com for transportation from Silverton to Durango.
Contact 970-426-7282 for transportation from Purgatory to Durango.
The Fort Lewis College Road Scholars Team is a group only. Please visit this site for team updates, but visit the IHBC website for details on the race itself.
***Click here to register.
We will send you a confirmation email for your registration and payment. You will receive a receipt for the tax-deductible scholarship donation directly from the Fort Lewis College Foundation.
The Iron Horse Bicycle Classic consists of a variety of events over several days, including the MBS Mountain Bike Race, the Morehart-Murphy Criterium, the BP Time Trail, and others. If you wish to enter in other events in addition to the McDonald’s Citizen Tour or Quarter Horse, please register separately on the IHBC website.