Director of Bands
Dr. Mark A. Walters has served a Director of Bands at Fort Lewis College since 1996. His duties at FLC also include:
- Symphonic Band
- Music Education
- Music Appreciation
- Applied Woodwinds
- Dr. Walters performs regularly as part of the faculty chamber music series and as a clarinetist with the San Juan Symphony.
- A native of Arkansas, Dr. Walters earned BME and MM degrees from Henderson State University and the University of Central Arkansas.
- As a high school instrumental music director, Dr. Walters received the Stanbury Award for outstanding young directors, and he was frequently in demand as an adjudicator and clinician throughout Arkansas and Texas.
- Dr. Walters received his DMA from Arizona State University in 1997.
- During his tenure at Arizona State, he was invited to participate as a member or the Preparing Future Faculty program sponsored by the Pew Charitable Trust.
- Dr. Walters is a member of the Colorado Music Educators Association Board of Directors and continues to serve as a guest clinician and adjudicator for Arkansas, Colorado, Utah, Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona all-region clinics, summer camps, and festival contests.
Dr. Mark A. Walters
Jones Hall 208
Recent Student Saxophone Studio Performances—Sample Videos: