FLC welcomes students, new and old
Students gather in front of the Student Life Center for Convocation on Friday.
Orientation is over. Students are moved in. Parents have headed back home. The Student Union and Student Life Center are bustling again. Lecture halls and labs are open for business. And the Fall 2012 semester is underway.
But the welcoming of students, both freshman and returning, isn't over yet.
Welcome Week runs this Monday through Friday, August 27 - 31, featuring events and activities every day that'll give students a chance to meet each other and get to know their new home here at FLC.
Welcome Week highlights include:
- Monday: Free barbeque compliments of the Bookstore, featuring live music. 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. at the Student Union Breezeway.
- Tuesday: "Ice Skating," with live music and activities at the Student Union Plaza, 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Wednesday: "Recapalooza," with free food, in front of the Student Life Center, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Thursday: Comedy with James & Ernie, in the Student Union Ballroom, at 6 p.m.
- Friday: the Native American Center's Welcome Back Potluck and fry bread contest, at the Native American Center, 4:30 - 6 p.m.
See a complete listing of Welcome Week events at www.fortlewis.edu/welcomeweek.
Also check out the FLC Facebook page at facebook.com/fortlewis to see photos of Orientation 2012. And be sure to tag yourself and your friends!
Comments are closed for this post, but if you have spotted an error or have additional info that you think should be in this post, feel free to contact us.