Throwback vintage milk bottles will be available to all current Fort Lewis students.

When the Stubblefield Student Union Dairy opens officially in fall 2011, students will need to start carrying another “re-fillable” accessory along with their water bottles and coffee cups – a milk bottle.

The milk bottles are vintage reproductions of the bottles used at the campus dairy when the college was located in Hesperus.   That tradition ended when Fort Lewis moved from Hesperus to Durango in 1956. 

The bottles will be given to freshmen during New Student Orientation and available for sale throughout the year at the San Juan Dining Room.  Faculty, staff, and students who volunteer for a 4 a.m. milking will get a free bottle.

Local food, Fort Lewis style

Meet the herd

APRIL FOOLS!