Fall 2014 - New Student and Family Orientation: August 28-30, 2014
In our work to ensure the success of first time students at Fort Lewis College we make partnering with parents and family members one of our top priorities. With this in mind, we have created an informative, sometimes surprising, and always beneficial series of programs designed for the families and guests of our new students..
While your students are off in their small groups (30 or less), you will be grouped with other family members. Programming runs the gamut from faculty panels, to presentations regarding finances, academic advising and career planning, and sessions with seasoned staff members regarding how to best team with the college in support of your student's success..
Online Registration for Fall 2014 Family Orientation is now available.
A detailed schedule will be available here in mid-summer, 2014.
For a look at last fall's schedule, click here.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Thursday, August 28, 2014
- 10 AM to 4 PM Student Housing Check-in
- 2 PM to 5 PM Check in for New Student Orientation (Student Life Center)
This is a great afternoon to purchase textbooks and supplies, get your ID photo taken at check-in, and visit any campus offices you may need to work with.
All campus offices are open for errands during normal business hours
(Financial Aid, Housing, Health Center, Cashier, ID Office, etc.)
- 4:45 PM to 6:30 PM Dinner Rotations
- 6:45 PM Welcome program for family members.
Friday, August 29, 2014
- Orientation Programming all day with social activities into the evening
Saturday, August 30, 2014
- Orientation Programming continues until noon with Athletic Events for all and a Community Service Project for students after lunch.
Welcome to Fort Lewis College, you have made a great choice!