The orientation program for new freshman students is planned with your specific needs in mind.
New freshman are organized in small groups and have a Student Orientation Leader to guide them throughout the process. While some of the programming is facilitated with multiple groups together, this small group aspect is real bonus for those first few days on campus.
There are a few programs in which parents/family members will be in the same session with you. There are other programs where you will be with the other students in your group and your leader.
Participation in all new student orientation programs is critical to your academic success and an expectation of the Fort Lewis College Administration.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS (Click here for detailed schedule)
Thursday, August 28, 2014
- 10 AM to 4 PM Student Housing Check-In
- 2 PM to 5 PM Check in for New Student Orientation (Student Life Center)
This is a great afternoon to purchase textbooks and supplies, get your ID photo taken at check-in, and visit any campus offices you may need to work with.
All campus offices are open for errands during normal business hours
(Financial Aid, Student Housing, Health Center, Cashier, ID Office, etc.)
- 4:45 PM to 6:30 PM Dinner Rotations
- 6:45 PM Mandatory Student Housing Meetings for all new students living on campus.
- 8:15 PM Welcome Kick-Off and Social
Friday, August 29, 2014
- Orientation Programming all day with social activities into the evening
Saturday, August 30, 2014
- Orientation Programming continues until noon with Athletic Events for all and a Community Service Project for new students after lunch.
Welcome to Fort Lewis College, you have made a great choice!
Fort Lewis College is committed to all programs being accessible. If you are attending orientation and need accommodations, please contact the Disability Services Office, 970-247-7383 by 8/21/14.