After successfully completing the philosophy program,
- Students will be familiar with a range of philosophical problems and arguments in the three principal divisions of philosophy: value theory, metaphysics and epistemology.
- Students will be able to recognize and articulate how philosophical theories and arguments developed historically in response to other philosophical ideas, historical events, and cultural contexts.
- Students will be able to apply their philosophical skills and knowledge to identify philosophical problems and evaluate solutions for these problems as they arise in their own lives.
- Students will be able to identify arguments, including their underlying assumptions, and critically evaluate them in a rigorous and fair-minded way.
- Students will have developed their written and oral communication skills sufficiently to present philosophical arguments in a clear and convincing way.