The philosophy club is a student organization promoting philosophical discussion outside of class. Students meet twice each month to discuss a wide variety of philosophical issues. Meetings are open to anyone with an interest in philosophy.
Club Officers for 2013-2014
- Jakob Wheeler, President
- Caleb Ontiveros, Vice-President
- Dylan Leigh, Treasurer
- Ivie Crawford, Public Relations
A Selected Sample of Past Presentations
- "The Intelligent Design Debate," Dr. Martin Curd, Purdue University (2009)
- "Is Epistemic Self-Reliance an Ideal?" Dr. Linda Zagzebski, University of Oklahoma (2011)
- "Do we have a Moral Obligation to Obey the Law?" Dr. Peter Markie, University of Missouri (2011)
- "De-fusing the Darwinian Dilemma," Dr. Christina van Dyke, Calvin College (2012)
- "On Pridelessness" Dr. Jeremy Fischer, University of Calgary (2012)
View a detailed list of previous presentations.
For more information, contact:
Dr. Justin McBrayer, Assistant Professor of Philosophy
216 Noble Hall