Payment of Fines
Please have your citation or license plate number with you when paying.
- Fines may be paid in person with cash, check or credit card at Police & Parking Services in Aspen Hall, or at the Cashiers' window, 140 Berndt Hall. The cashiers can also accept funds from your Skycard account for payment of citations.
- A check or money order may be mailed to the address on the citation. PLEASE DO NOT MAIL CASH!
- Internet payments may be made at www.remit-online.com/970020 . There is a $3.00 transaction fee, and multiple citations may be paid per transaction.
- Payment of fines must be made within 14 days from the citation date or the fine will double.
- Fines not paid within 14 days from the issue date will DOUBLE
- Vehicles with three (3) or more outstanding parking violations may be immobilized and/or towed
- Fines may be added to your student account and billed through the Controller's Office. This may create a financial hold on your account which will prevent you from registering or receiving a transcript. Fines added to accounts must be paid at the Cashier's window. Delinquent accounts may be handled through an outside collections agency. Contact the Controller's Office for more information, 247-7361.
Parking Citation Appeal Process
- Appeals must be filed within 10 business days of the citation date.
- An independent parking appeal committee meets periodically throughout the school year. This volunteer committee is comprised of a faculty member, a staff member, and a student.
- The decision made by the Fort Lewis College Parking Appeal Committee is final.
- Appeals must be written on an appeals form and submitted to the Fort Lewis College Police/Parking Services. Forms are available at Police & Parking Services in Aspen Hall. You may print or view the appeal form here.
- Forgetfulness, parking for only a short time, failure to display parking permit, not seeing a sign and/or a lost ticket are unacceptable grounds for appeal. Any appeal submitted on these grounds will automatically be denied.
Please click here for general information about parking rules and regulations.