Be sure you are using Internet Explorer browser version 9 or newer!
Current students, or those with a valid username and password:
1. Login to https://thefort.fortlewis.edu/ with your username and password, and select:
- WebOPUS, at the bottom of the External Quicklinks box
- Student Services
- Student Records
- Request Printed/Official Transcript
- Click on the National Student Clearinghouse link to be directed to their site, and see Step 2 below
Current or former students without a username or password:
2. Go to www.getmytranscript.com (National Student Clearinghouse)
- Choose Fort Lewis College from the drop-down box and Submit.
- Scroll down and click on the green Start button.
- Enter your payment information and the recipient’s address, as instructed.
- On the screen which requests your social security or student ID number, you may enter EITHER one, you do not need both.
- Watch for either an electronic confirmation of your signature, or an email with a form to sign and return to the clearinghouse via fax, or email a scanned image of the form.
- Transcripts ordered online are mailed out by the Registrar’s Office within 1-2 business days once the order is complete. This includes Express Mail orders.
3. Order form if you do not have a Credit Card or Debit Card:
- Print the Official Transcript Order Form
- Drop off or mail to Fort Lewis Colllege Registrar's Office, 1000 Rim Drive, Durango, CO 81301
- These requests are processed within 5-7 business days
- Payment may be made by check or money order, payable to Fort Lewis College - do not send cash
- You must provide the original of our form with the payment, signed by the student
This service utilizes USPS Express Mail and will deliver to PO boxes. This is a 24-hour overnight service in the State of Colorado and two day service outside of Colorado. The current fee is $19.99 per address, in addition to the transcript fee. You will choose this option from the National Student Clearinghouse website. Express Mail transcripts ordered online are mailed out within 1-2 business days once the order is received by the Registrar’s Office. Please be sure to allow time for processing and mailing.
- Orders are not accepted by fax, email or phone. Faxed requests will be shredded to protect your privacy.
- Fort Lewis College does not send transcripts via email.
- Transcript fees are non-refundable.
- All HOLDS on student accounts must be cleared before transcripts will be released.
- All processing times listed depend upon receipt of the consent form. Please be sure to allow time for processing and mailing.
Current or former students with a valid username/password:
Note: Username and password remain valid for 3 semesters after leaving Fort Lewis College
Login to https://thefort.fortlewis.edu/ with your username and password, and select:
- WebOPUS tab
- Student Services
- Student Records
- Academic Transcripts
- Transcript Type: Unofficial (Drop Down Arrow)
- Print or Save
If you need to order transcripts for the following Fort Lewis College scholarships ONLY, you may use an UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT:
- Teacher Education
- Fort Lewis Foundation Scholarship
- School of Business Administration Scholarship
- Education Outreach
UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FOR STUDENTS
WHO ATTENDED FROM SEPTEMBER 3, 1991 TO PRESENT.
Students who attended Fort Lewis College prior to September 3, 1991, will need to follow the instructions above for ordering an official transcript.
IF YOU NEED TO RE-ESTABLISH A USERNAME AND PASSWORD, and attended after September 3, 1991, you may follow these steps to obtain access to the Fort Lewis College computer system, and then print an unofficial transcript.
Go to the portal, https://thefort.fortlewis.edu/
- Click on either Retrieve your Username or Reset your Password link on the upper left hand side of the page, in the Student Account box.
- Choose Activate Your Account and follow the instructions. Note: If you used a middle name here you must enter at least the first initial. If you did not use a middle name leave that field blank.
- If you are having trouble getting reactivated, you may call:
- IT Department at (970) 247-7444
- Student Records Specialist (Registrar’s Office) at (970)-247-7388
Once you have your username and password you may return to https://thefort.fortlewis.edu/, login and follow the instructions above.
Orders are received from the National Student Clearinghouse once a day, usually one to two business days following a weekend or holiday. Fort Lewis College will be closed in observance of the following holidays: New Year’s, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. The college is also closed for the winter break December 25-January 1. For transcripts ordered during the Thanksgiving and Christmas/winter breaks, information concerning the dates of these breaks will be posted on WebOPUS and on the National Student Clearinghouse website.