When should you seek tutoring?
- If you are having difficulty understanding lectures
- If you are beginning to fall behind in your classes
- If you need help improving your study skills and habits
- If you need help preparing for tests
- If you are having difficulty doing homework
Seek assistance as early as possible!
Who can receive tutoring at STEM SSC?
All active participants in the STEM SSC program can request tutoring services. If you are a FLC student who is interested in joining STEM SSC, our application can be found here. Eligibility requirements for the STEM SSC program can be found here.
How do you schedule a tutoring session?
Classes currently available for tutoring can be found here. You can also submit a tutoring request or contact the Tutor Coordinator for more information.
What can you expect from your tutor?
- Good communication skills
What will you need to bring to the tutoring session?
- Past quizzes and tests
- Class syllabus
- Any other material that will help the tutor help you
- A positive attitude!
What will your tutor expect from you?
You are expected to be on time for each tutoring session. If you have an emergency and need to cancel, you must contact your tutor 24 hours prior to the tutoring session. Tutoring is a commitment and you are responsible for your progress in your class. You should communicate regularly with your tutor and your STEM SSC advisor about the effectiveness of your tutoring. Tutor evaluations can be found here.
Interested in being a STEM SSC Tutor?
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Must have received a "B" or above in the courses tutored
- Must be at least a sophomore
Please fill out and submit a tutor application along with any supporting documentation to the STEM SSC offices at our new location in the triple-wide modular building at the tennis courts, next to the Student Life building.
For more information, please contact the Academic Services Coordinator, James Deaton, at (970) 247-6186 or email@example.com.