MISSION: To provide a holistic approach to health and wellness, empowering and encouraging Fort Lewis College students as well as the greater community.
VISION: Self-education through peer education
The Wellness Peer Advisory Council (WellPAC) is a student-led health & wellness organization aimed at promoting healthy choices among Fort Lewis College students. WellPAC reaches out to the campus through a humanistic approach, aiming to meet students where they are at with their physical, social, and emotional health. Through educational programs, small groups, outreach efforts and peer consultations using Motivational Interviewing techniques, WellPAC hopes to provide resources for students that will support them to be happy, healthy, and successful FLC students!
ELIGIBILITY: All Fort Lewis College students are welcome and encouraged to join WellPAC! Please join us if you have an interest in promoting healthy lifestyles. Aside from general membership, there are plenty of leadership opportunities available for active WellPAC members! Contact the WellPAC advisor for more info!
WHY JOIN WELLPAC? WellPAC offers a wealth of opportunities for FLC students. Members participate in programs and services on campus that truly change and build a more healthy and safe campus community. It's a great way to get involved, make new friends, travel to national and regional conferences, build your resume and experience in a variety of professional fields, and become more aware of your own personal wellness goals.
Members are also eligible for training and certification with the The BACCHUS Network as a Certified Peer Educator in addition to opportunities to serve on the leadership team where academic credit may be available. We hope you will consider joining WellPAC today! Click here if you're interested!
WHAT DOES WELLPAC DO? Some examples of WellPAC programming include:
- Alcohol Screenings & Education
- Sexual Health Education & Resources
- Tobacco Education & Cessation Groups
- Mental Health Awareness Campaigns & Resources
- Safe Spring Break Preparation
- Sexual Assault Prevention
- Healthy Eating Education & Resources
- AND SO MUCH MORE!!
- General Membership: Volunteer positions. General members attend meetings, subscribe the the WellPAC listserv, and participate in educational events and programs as desired.
- Executive Team: Volunteer and credit-based positions available. The WellPAC Executive Team consists of President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. This leadership team keeps WellPAC on track and makes final decisions regarding programming. These members have a clear commitment to WellPAC and serve as ambassadors across campus on health and wellness issues and available resources, and act as liaisons to other departments and organizations.
- Programming Team: Volunteer and credit-based positions available. The WellPAC Programming Team consists of Events Coordinator, Marketing Coordinator, Program Development Coordinator, Peer Relations Coordinator, and Evaluation Coordinator. Programming team members plan and implement educational events across campus which helps build organizational, marketing, communication, research and other great skills to enhance your resume!
- Peer Consultation Team: Credit-based positions only. Members are enrolled and trained in the Motivational Interviewing class, offered through the FLC psychology department. Peer Consultants provide one-on-one Motivational Interviewing sessions, serve as screeners for alcohol awareness events and occasionally work with the programming team on other educational events. Peer consultants have academic pre-requisites and must complete an interview with Dr. Brian Burke prior to course enrollment.
For Questions about WellPAC contact:
Coordinator, Student Wellness Initiatives
#178 Student Union (Located inside the Leadership Center)