Transfer Students: Submitting your transcripts

Applicants must submit official copies of their college transcripts to the Fort Lewis College Office of Admission & Advising as part of the application process. Be sure to send your most current school’s transcripts as well. We cannot accept faxed transcripts -- they must be sent from the college directly to the Office of Admission & Advising.

Request that all transcripts are sent to:

Office of Admission & Advising
Fort Lewis College
1000 Rim Drive
Durango, CO 81301
Attention: Transfer

Transfer Credit Guidelines and FLC Catalog

By using the Transfer Credit Equivalency Table, you can estimate what credits may transfer. This table is dynamic and changing constantly. If you do not see your institution or course, it does not mean that it will not transfer, only that it hasn't transferred yet.

FLC uses the following guidelines to evaluate transfer credit:

  • Academically-based courses completed with a grade of a “C-“ or better from a regionally accredited institution generally will transfer.
  • A maximum of 60 credits can transfer from a regionally accredited 2-year school and a maximum of 90 credits from a 4-year school.
  • Courses that are remedial or technical (i.e. keyboarding or car care) will not transfer.

Our Registrar's Office will complete an official evaluation to determine the equivalent Fort Lewis College courses. You can expect this evaluation 3-4 weeks after you've been admitted. The office will also note which courses fulfill FLC's Liberal Arts Core Courses requirements. Use the FLC Course Catalog to find course levels and descriptions.

Transfer Guides

If you are transferring from a Colorado community college, please download our Colorado Community College Transfer Guide.

If you are transferring from San Juan College, please download our San Juan College Transfer Guide.