Southern Utah University
Summer 2010 College Tour
- Fort Lewis College TS began services to students from local middle and high schools in Archuleta, La Plata & Montezuma Counties. FLC TS now serves 650 students annually.
- TS serves students in grades 7 through 12. TS identifies and assists students from disadvantaged backgrounds and communities who have the potential to succeed in higher education. In addition to counseling, participants receive information about college admissions requirements, scholarships, and various student financial aid programs. TS helps students from families in which neither parent graduated from college to better understand their educational opportunities and options.
- TRIO goals can be summarized as a pledge to provide educational opportunity for disadvantaged Americans regardless of race, economic or ethnic backgrounds.
Members of the Talent Search program receive services that include:
- Academic advising
- A curriculum designed to provide information on the following topics:
- Career exploration
- Study Skills
- College and Vocational Schools
- The opportunity to take regional campus tours
- Financial aid information and application assistance
- College/vocational school application assistance
- ACT test preparation workshops
- Looking for current updates on events we're having? Go to our Event Calendar here!
Connect with Talent Search on Facebook!