Freshmen and sophomores majoring in Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, Geology, Physics, and Math can now apply for six-week summer research programs at FLC and in Farmington, New Mexico at San Juan College. This summer’s projects include research in Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, and Math.
Applications are due Feb. 20, 2014, and the awards will be announced by March 18, 2014.
This year's project list:
- Reprogramming the ribosome: structure and function of the HTLV frameshift site RNAs
Dr. Katie Mouzakis, Professor of Chemistry, Fort Lewis College
- Investigation of the Electrodeposition of Silicon under Acoustic Excitation
Dr. Eric Miller, Professor of Chemistry, San Juan College, Farmington, NM
- Correlation between NFL Helmet Impact Optimization and On-field Concussions
Dr. Devin Leahy, Professor of Physics and Engineering, Fort Lewis College
- Aquatic Ecosystem Monitoring with Autonomous Robots
Dr. Ryan Smith, Professor of Physics and Engineering, Fort Lewis College
- Mathematics behind the card game SET
Dr. Vera Furst, Professor of Mathematics, Fort Lewis College
- Where Health and Horticulture Intersect: A Navajo Wellness Collaboration
Kevin A. Lombard, Professor of Biology, San Juan College, Farmington, NM