June 7, 2015 - July 17, 2015
Fort Lewis Campus
TRiO Upward Bound's Summer Academy is a five-week residential program at Fort Lewis College in Durango, Colorado and a one-week college tour (a total of six weeks.) Students live in the dorms during the week (go home on weekends,) eat in the dining halls, take "college-like" clases, participate in work experience, and go on fieldtrips. Week six is a college tour visiting a 8-10 colleges in Colorado.
Everything about Upward Bound is completely FREE to our students! Similar programs cost parents $2500-$12,000
- Mandatory six-weeks of rigorous hands-on-learning in math, science, literature, and foreign language. The total classroom hours for the summer academy are usually worth one elective credit at target schools.
- Exciting recreational activities that include raft trips, rock climbing, rope courses, camping, and cultural enrichment trips.
- Career exploration programs and internships.
- A summer stipend based on the student's grades in summer academy courses, participation in activities, and attitude during the summer program.
- Colorado College Tour is scheduled so all students may visit campuses around the state.
- Students have dorm leaders and adult supervision during the entire Summer Academy.
- Summer Academy is for students currently enrolled in Upward Bound. UB serves high school students attending Durango, Ignacio, and Cortez schools.
Benefits of Summer Academy