Summer Math Class
Students in summer academy math class applying physics principals through homemade water rockets.
- Mandatory six-weeks of rigorous hands-on-learning in math, science, literature, and foreign language. The total classroom hours for the summer academy are usually worth one elective credit at target schools.
- Exciting recreational activities that include raft trips, rock climbing, rope courses, camping, and cultural enrichment trips.
- Career exploration programs.
- A summer stipend based on the student's grades in summer academy courses, participation in activities, and attitude during the summer program.
- Colorado College Tour is scheduled so all students may visit campuses around the state.
- Summer Academy is for students currently enrolled in Upward Bound. UB serves high school students attending Durango, Ignacio, and Cortez schools.