Interested in tutoring with the Fort Lewis College Writing Center?
Writing Center tutors should:
- be enthusiastic about writing and working with others on their writing
- be supportive in one-to-one tutoring situations
- be reliable and trustworthy
- be willing to participate in continual development as a tutor
- have a minimum GPA of 3.0 overall
- have strong grades (A-B level) in English and composition courses
Tutors must be able to attend a mandatory five-hour tutor orientation to be held before they begin working as a tutor. Tutors must also have a completed I-9 form on file with Financial Aid and a W-4 form on file with the Cashier's office.
If you're interested in applying to become a tutor for Fall 2013, please follow the steps below. Applications for Fall 2013 will be accepted beginning January 8, 2013.
- Download and complete the tutor application and return to Breeah Kinsella, Administrative Assistant for First-Year Programs, in Jones 104.
- Selected applicants will be asked to interview with the Writing Center director at a mutually convenient time.
- If hired, you must attend a mandatory tutor orientation held from approximately 8 am until 2:30 pm (date is in August, TBA).