At Fort Lewis College, we take safety seriously on campus and in the Durango community.
- Seven trained police officers patrol the campus 24 hours a day.
- FLC works closely with the Durango Police Department, the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office, the Colorado State Patrol, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and the local FBI and U.S. Marshall’s Office.
- FLC has an Emergency Response Plan and campus police officers are trained in appropriate procedures for many types of emergencies.
- Campus parking lots and sidewalks are well lit at night.
- Eleven emergency telephones are located in parking lots and residential areas of campus.
- The outside doors of residence halls lock automatically when closed, requiring a key for entry.
- Campus Security offers educational programs in the residential halls and elsewhere on campus on issues such as crime prevention, sexual assault awareness, and personal safety.
- Campus Security offers a program to women demonstrating realistic self-defense tactics and techniques.
We are here for you. My office door is always open. You can reach me at 970-247-7491.
Chief of Police
Fort Lewis College