Congratulations on accepting the challenge of taking college-level courses before graduating high school. We honor your commitment to advancing your education. As you make this decision, please know that we suggest students have a minimum 3.0 cumulative high school GPA and meet the prerequisite requirements of the courses for which they intend to register.
Many courses require ACT, SAT or other placement testing. Please consult the course listings and catalog for prerequisite and placement information.
- Discuss concurrent enrollment with your guidance counselor. You must meet the criteria established by your high school and receive approval prior to applying for admission.
- Download and complete the free concurrent enrollment application.
- Attach official transcripts and test scores (if applicable) to your application.
- Send your completed application and transcripts to the Admission office (contact information below) by the appropriate deadline.
Applications are processed on a rolling basis. Applicants are typically notified within 4 weeks of receipt of a complete application. If you have questions or would like to check on the status of your application, please contact Meryl Ramsey, admission counselor (see below).
After you are admitted
Following the submission of a complete application, and notification of admission for concurrent enrollment, you have a few important steps to take.
Once you have been notified of admission, please confirm your enrollment by emailing Meryl Ramsey a written statement of intent.
Activate your FLC account
You must set up your FLC account before your advising and registration appointment. To activate your account:
- Go to theFort, FLC's student web portal
- Click on Account Management and then Activate Your Account
- Enter your first name, last name, birth date, and student ID number or social security number
- Access your unique username and set your password
- Access your accounts
- Go to theFort and click on Sign In in the top right corner
- Enter your username and password
Make an advising appointment
To sign up for classes you’ll need to talk with an academic success coach. Call the Office of Student Success at 970-382-6985 to schedule your advising and registration appointment. Classes are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Advising appointments may be in person, or over the phone. When you are scheduling your appointment, be sure to indicate that you are a “Concurrent Enrollment” student.
Fall semester applicants
- Schedule appointments beginning April 1
Spring semester applicants
- Schedule appointments beginning November 1