In order to complete this application you must first:
1. Complete a minimum of (6) credits in Adventure Education, including AE 101 plus one skills and management course (or the equivalent for transfer students), with a grade of C+ or better.
2. Earn a cumulative grade point average and Adventure Education grade point average of 2.50 minimum.
3. Create a current professional resume, which includes outdoor skills and wilderness experience. The electronic professional portfolio provided in AE 101 may be used to describe your outdoor skills and wilderness experience.
4. Declare a major
Warning! You MUST copy and paste the link provided to RESUME LATER.
Before completing this application, please read all the descriptive information available about the Adventure Education degree program, including information in the College catalog. Responses that show that you are well-informed about the program and the discipline of Adventure Education, and that demonstrate a professional commitment will be in your favor.
Our courses demand a significant time commitment, including:
· Weekend, field-based courses
· Immersion semester
· A good deal of reading and writing
· High expectations for study and class preparation
Thus, to complete course requirements, you may not be able to participate in athletics or hold a part-time job some semesters.