To calculate your GPA, follow these steps:
- List all the courses you are taking this term in the worksheet. (Do NOT include TRS courses--they are not a part of your GPA.)
- Fill in how many credits each course has.
- Add up the total number of credits you are taking this semester.
- Fill in the letter grade you expect to earn in each class.
- Convert the letter grade to a numeric grade: (A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, F=0)
- Courses graded with S (satisfactory), NC (no credit), I (incomplete), etc. do not earn quality points.
- Multiply the credits for each class times the numeric grade to get the quality points for each class.
- Add up the total quality points for all your classes.
- Divide your total quality points by your total number of credits. This number is the GPA you are predicting for yourself for this semester.
An online GPA Calculator can be found here. Please note that this calculator is APPROXIMATE, as it rounds the grade point designations. For an accurate GPA calculation, please use the Excel documents below.
GPA Repair Calculator