Office of Alumni Relations Scholarships
At Fort Lewis College we take care of our own! Every year, the Office of Alumni Relations provides scholarships to the children and grandchildren of Fort Lewis College alumni. It is only through the generous contributions of alumni that these scholarships are possible.
Apply Now! (Apply Online | Download PDF Application)
APPLYING FOR SCHOLARSHIPS/AWARDS
- Any child or grandchild of an alumnus/alumna of Fort Lewis College is eligible to apply for alumni scholarships. An alumnus/alumna of Fort Lewis College is defined as a person who has attended a minimum of two years or four terms at Fort Lewis College.
- The scholarship applicant must have a 2.70 cumulative grade point average. College students must have carried an average of 15 credit hours for the fall and spring semesters. First consideration will be given to those who have demonstrated academic excellence at the college level.
- In addition to the Application Form, all applicants must submit the following supplemental documents:
- A letter or essay discussing why you feel you are a good candidate for the scholarship/award.
- Copies (need not be official) of all high school transcripts if freshman and college transcripts if transfer or returning student.
- Recipients of scholarships must complete a minimum of 30 credit hours per academic year to be eligible to retain the scholarship in subsequent terms/years. Recipients must also submit a letter of thanks once they are notified of their scholarship, and must agree to help the Office of Alumni Relations at a minimum of one special event or with one special project during the academic year.
- Scholarships are generally valued between $500 and $1000. The value of awards, as well as the overall number of scholarships and awards given, varies dependent upon available funds.
- Scholarships and awards will be made for (1) academic year (fall and spring terms) and are not automatically renewable; Recipients must re-apply for the scholarship each academic year.
Contact Sandy Jameson, Scholarship Manager, at 970 247-7121 or firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about requirements.
Application Deadline February 1st.