Alumni affinity groups are created around an affinity for a program, student organization, or common interest among alumni. Affinity group members may not all be located in the same geographical area.
Affinity groups serve a vital role in the advancement of FLC by helping the Alumni Engagement Office in achieving its goals through engaging alumni with events and educating people about Fort Lewis College and the Alumni Engagement Office. The Alumni Engagement Office does not determine the goals of the individual affinity groups, however, affinity groups are encouraged to establish their own goals in alliance with those of FLC.
Requesting an affinity group
- Contact the Office of Alumni Engagement at email@example.com to state your interest and schedule an initial meeting (in person or via phone) with the Director
- The Director will request a list of alumni based on parameters discussed in the initial meeting
- The office of Alumni Engagement may send an email blast to the distribution list in order to assess interest in the proposed affinity group, or to announce the formation of the proposed affinity group.
- If there is enough interest and participants (minimum of 10 people) the group leader must submit an official affinity request email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon review and if approved by the Alumni Engagement Office, the proposed affinity group request will be granted
Review objectives and guidelines