The Athletic Training Program provides a rigorous, competency-based professional education to a diverse student population preparing athletic trainers and citizens for an increasingly complex world.
The FLC ATP will...
1. Recruit and graduate diverse students in the athletic training major.
2. Accept and retain highly qualified students into the professional phase of the AT major.
3. Provide students with a variety of positive clinical experiences.
4. Prepare students to be successful on the BOC exam, in graduate school and/or in employment as an athletic trainer.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will…
1. Be reflective, evidence-based practitioners within the profession.
2. Perform systematic examination processes for medical conditions commonly encountered within the profession.
3. Develop and implement comprehensive programs which address prevention, care, and treatment of medical conditions.
4. Apply best practices in organization, administration, and professional development within the profession.
Specific educational competencies required for accreditation can be found on the NATA website: http://www.nata.org/education/education-resources