Graduates from the School of Business Administration at Fort Lewis College are creative and innovative thinkers prepared for the demands of a dynamic business world. Being AACSB International accredited, SOBA graduates have been prepared to succeed in a complex business environment vis-á-vis study of a rigorous, current, and meaningful curricula.
For more information, check out the Career Services homepage and the Employers page.
School of Business Internship Program
The School of Business internship program is available to firms who are willing to provide suitable, on-site work experience for the student. We welcome proposals and inquiries from firms interested in having our interns participate in their organization. Benefits to the firm include:
- Observe and evaluate a prospective employee, prior to a possible offer of permanent employment, at a cost substantially lower than the cost of hiring a graduate in a full-time position;
- Join other participating firms in an effort that will help the School of Business Administration provide a meaningful incentive for students who want to work for and contribute to business and industry;
- Have the satisfaction and obtain the benefits of helping a business student enhance his or her education;
- Possible initiation of new projects or implementation of postponed projects; and
- Rejuvenate employee interest and enthusiasm with exposure to academically oriented interns
The SOBA internship is a directed experience working in a business organization performing professional duties and responsibilities. Internships can be arranged on a full-time or part-time basis, but a minimum of 150 hours of directed experience will be required. Often, 200-300 hours of on-the-job experience is gained by an intern. Contact us to learn more about the SOBA internship program.