The School of Business Administration has several scholarships available with cash awards ranging from $100 to $1,000. Please see the complete list on the Fort Lewis College Scholarship site.
- Be a declared Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, or Marketing major in any of the related options.
- Have successfully completed a minimum of 12 credit hours in the Fall 2014 term and be registered for a minimum of 12 credit hours in the Spring 2015 term at Fort Lewis College (the Spring 12 credit hours must be successfully completed prior to the beginning of the Fall 2015 term.
- Plan to register at Fort Lewis College for a minimum of 12 credit hours in both the Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 terms, or a minimum of 12 credit hours in the Fall 2015 term if graduating in December 2015.
- Deadline - Applications must be submitted by March 2, 2015
- Specific scholarships may include additional requirements (see below).
Note, Students receiving full financial aid eligibility assistance cannot be awarded additional assistance from the School of Business Administration.
1. Application Form
Please ensure that you have all of your documentation in electronic format before you fill out and submit our online application form.
2. Statement of Financial Need
This is now included on the online application form.
3. Professional/Personal Statement
Include with this application a personal statement (as a separate document) that briefly summarizes:
- Professional interests
- What you want to achieve in your college career
- Short-term vision of what you expect to accomplish (in two or three years)
- Where you ultimately see yourself (five years or longer)
- How will you move toward your goals next year, both in the classroom and through professional development activities? Evidence of these goals could include:
- leadership in a club,
- internship and work experience,
- other relevant academic or professional activities.
- Conclude with how a SOBA scholarship would help you meet your goals next year.
4. Unofficial Copy of Your Transcript - Click here to learn how to get your transcript.
5. Specific Scholarship Requirements (Optional)
The following scholarships require additional information beyond that included in the basic application package. It is up to the applicant to ensure the additional information is included with the scholarship application package. Applications without the additional scholarship-specific information cannot be considered for those scholarships. (Note: Only one statement of financial need is required for application to the various scholarships where financial need is a consideration.)
- Robert L. and Marjorie L. Blomstrom Scholarship
- Statement outlining additional pursuit of Art or Music
- Statement of experience in the hotel or restaurant field
- Jeremy and Judith Coleman Study Abroad Program Scholarship
- Statement of plans for Study Abroad program (either SOBA JTA, International Programs Study Abroad, or Innovative Month) describing planned location of study and courses being considered
- Essay describing goals with respect to study abroad program and how the experience will benefit a working career
- William B. and Barbara J. Dodds Scholarship
- Essay describing why individual is deserving of the scholarship
The Scholarship Committee will examine:
- Academic Merit
- Current GPA
- Withdrawals and continued improvement in GPA
- Classes taken and the degree of difficulty of each class
- Class schedule for current term
- Financial Need Statement
- Quality of Professional/Personal Statement
- External Activities
- Other scholarship-specific information
The School of Business Administration Scholarship Committee will consider all applications, and you will be notified of the results of its deliberation by March 18, 2015.
If you have any questions please contact:
Lisa Taylor - Administrative Assistant III
School of Business Administration
Education/Business Hall, RM 132