Campbell Child & Family Center currently places families from a waitlist for preschoolers and toddlers. The center maintains 3 policies in accessing child care with our program:
- All children must be enrolled at the center on a full-time basis. Full-time is defined by at least 5 hours daily, Monday through Friday.
Placement on Campbell Center Waitlist is as follows:
- 1ST PRIORITY -- Siblings of children who are currently enrolled at the center;
- 2ND PRIORITY -- Full-time employees and students of FLC;
- 3RD PRIORITY -- Community members not affiliated with Fort Lewis College.
- Upon enrollment, a non-refundable security fee of $150 per child must be paid to hold your spot.
Tuition is due by the 1st of each month or your child’s placement will be forfeited.
Current monthly tuition for an 8½ hour slot:
- $815 (Toddler I classroom: ages 1-to-2);
- $750 (Toddler II classroom: ages 2-to-3);
- $700 (Preschool I classroom, ages 3-to-4; and Preschool II classroom, ages 4-to-5).
- FLC STUDENTS NOTE: please submit any evidence of current enrollment, i.e. Certificate of Enrollment, class schedule, family housing assignment, financial aid agreement, graduation petition information.
The following issues help clarify concerns about our program and waitlist:
- Each fall we accept 10 new children into our Toddler I classroom (1-2 years old), and four new children into our Preschool II classroom (3-4 old). If your child is not placed into the program at this time, your family name will remain on the waitlist in chronological order. We place families from the waitlist when another family leaves the center, vacating its placement or as the ratios increase based on children’s age groups. When a slot becomes available, families are contacted based upon the date placed on the waitlist with priority given as described above.
- When a slot has been offered and you postpone placement by asking to remain on the waitlist, your waitlist date will change to the day you postpone and your child(ren) will remain on the waitlist. No Response after notice has been given of available slot will be determined as a Decline and your child(ren) will be removed from the waitlist. If you still desire to be on the waitlist, you must re-submit the required information and a new waitlist date is set according to when the information was received.
- Children placed in the toddler room “age forward” through our center (like elementary school); children move together each year into the next classroom until they reach kindergarten.
How to add your child to Campbell's Wait List:
Campbell Child & Family Center accepts children on our waitlist exclusively through email requests. If you would like to add your family to our waitlist, please provide the following information and email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- In subject line of email, type Waitlist Information
- Child’s (or children’s) first and last name
- Their date of birth (to determine classroom assignment)
- Your name(s)
- Contact information – phone numbers, email address, mailing address
- Whether a full-time employee/student of Fort Lewis College (students: add expected graduation date)
- Choose Year-Round Enrollment or Optional Summer Enrollment
A confirmation email will be sent to you; your waitlist date is effective the date of your email request. This serves as your receipt for any future concerns about waitlist order. If you do not have email access, please contact the center at 970-247-7679 to arrange for assistance in placing your family on our waitlist.
We recognize there is a critical shortage of child care in Durango. We encourage you to look into all area child care centers. Please contact Southwest Office of Child Care Resource & Referral (Early Childhood Council of La Plata County website) for information of all area licensed providers, the ages of children accepted and any vacancies:
Phone 970-247-0760, http://ecclaplata.org/parents-families/childcare-referrals/