Light Up the Night GLOW Run and Party! Stop Sexual Violence!
Join Fort Lewis College's Title IX Office, Wellness Peer Advisory Council (WellPAC), and Exercise Science Department for the 4th Annual Light Up the Night Glow Run!
This fun 5K run/1K walk invites community members to take back the night and stand up against sexual violence!
All proceeds will go to the Sexual Assault Services Organization (SASO) and WellPAC to provide sexual assault prevention education and efforts.
This event is FREE to FLC Students, Staff & Faculty with an FLC ID and $10 for all other community members. Children under 12 are free.
FREE t-shirts and glow sticks for the first 200 participants!!!!!!!!!!!!
Registration starts at 7pm
Race starts at 8pm
There will be COLOR!!!...so don't wear your best clothes/shoes, just in case. (Update: We will have 75 additional t-shirts for those of you who want to protect your clothing, first come, first served til we run out).
Refreshments to follow race as well as.....
with DJ and dancing hosted by FLC's Student Union Productions!!!
MORE COLOR AND FREE GLOW STICKS THERE TOO!!!
For more info, check out https://www.facebook.com/flcsup
This event is taking place on the FLC Amphitheater, which is in the center of campus near the clock tower. For closest parking, see the Campus map.
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month: View the Student Wellness event calendar. Submit your event to the Sexual Assault Awareness Month Calendar.
- Active Bystander: FLC Student Wellness Program teaches students how to be an Active Bystander. If you recently conducted an Active Bystander program, log your training here
- The Rape Aggression Defense Basic Personal Defense System is a national program of realistic self-defense tactics and techniques. All courses are taught by nationally certified R.A.D. Instructors.
- The Elephant in the Room is a Peer Theater Presentation written and produced by students and staff in the FLC Theater Department in collaboration with New Student Orientation. The production, with a cast of current FLC students, will cover topics ranging from "roommate dynamics" to "dirty dancing" with a host of other taboo topics too numerous to mention. It is offered in the Fall as part of the mandatory new student orientation for all new incoming students. See the Orientation website for more information about orientation.
- The Glow Run is an annual all campus program takes place in the fall and is organized by Student Housing and Conference Services and supported by Sexual Assault Services Organization (SASO) and other campus partners. The fun run involves glowing, a fun run, prevention education and music.
- The Consent Carnival is an all campus program in the fall which educates students about sexual consent through carnival games and dialogue.
- It's On Us at Fort Lewis College is a pledge campaign to end sexual violence.
- WellPAC promotes the campaign through tabling and conversation.
- Marketing checklist - Students who wish to obtain a marketing checklist to promote events they are creating connected with sexual misconduct prevention may obtain one by writing to email@example.com.