Since its founding in 1994, the Cycling team has gone from a handful of riders with grand visions to a USA Collegiate Cycling Division I varsity powerhouse. Starting with its first championships in 1995, the team has done Fort Lewis College proud, racking up 23 national titles and more than 60 individual titles. FLC Cycling has also finished seasons ranked #1 in the nation four times.
Even though FLC Cycling is now an established varsity sport, it is still a thriving club -- open to any full-time student in good standing who wants to ride, learn new skills, and be part of a great team. All active members have access to the teams’ programs, coaching, and resources, whether they are a future Olympian or just looking for camaraderie and training while getting a quality education.
The Cycling team does not have institutionally funded scholarships -- scholarship funds are raised through the FLC Foundation and fundraising events. Giving for operations also keeps the Cycling program accessible to students. FLC Cycling travels to 26 competitions each season, so travel costs are about half of our expenses.
That’s what your gift supports: A close-knit and fun-loving group of athletes pushing each other to constantly better themselves. It’s supporters like you who keep FLC Cycling the welcoming, challenging, and character-building experience it has been for two decades.
- $25 will pay for one seat in the van on one trip for one rider
- $50 will pay for entry fees for two Conference races for one rider
- $100 will pay for one hotel room (four riders in each) for one night
- $500 will fund our average scholarship award
- $1,000 will pay for two plane tickets to a national championship
- $1,500 will fund one top athlete with a scholarship for one year
- $2,500 will pay team entry fees to a national championship
We thank you in advance. Ride on!
Dave Hagen (Humanities, '91)