This section is for students who are enrolled at Fort Lewis College but have not yet registered with Disability Services. If you have registered with our office please see the Returning Students section. If you are thinking about applying to Fort Lewis visit Prospective Students.
Welcome to Fort Lewis! Disability Services is excited to support you on the road to academic success. Please take the following required steps to register with our office:
- Complete the Disability Services New Student Application.
- Gather disability-related documentation. This may include a 504 plan or IEP, results from educational and/or psychological testing, or a letter from your attending physician. Submit this information to Disability Services via one of the methods listed in our contact information.
- Once you have submitted the New Student Application and your documentation, a Disability Services staff member will contact you to schedule an initial intake appointment. You may also request an appointment via email email@example.com, phone (970.247.7383), or in person (280 Noble Hall.)
- Meet with a member of the Disability Services staff for your initial intake.
- Meet with your instructors to discuss your accommodations and clarify expectations around examinations.
Additional Suggestions (Not required, but highly encouraged):
- Attend the Disability Services Orientation. This usually takes place during Orientation Weekend; please see the Orientation schedule for more information.
- If you are unsure of the accommodations you will require, attend your first few days of classes before meeting with Disability Services. This will help you gain an understanding of the type of resources you may need for the semester.