Diversity Programming aims create programming that celebrates and fosters understanding of the diversity of our community and ultimately creates a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Participants will learn to identify their own biases and stereotyping.
- Participants will gain awareness of their own cultural identity.
- Demonstrate leadership skills such as facilitation, interpersonal dialogue and active listening
- Have increased understanding of the LGBT community and the challenges they face
- Participants will gain an awareness of the diversity of race/ethnicity, sex/gender expression, socioeconomic background and cultural heritage and customs found in their lives.
- Students who engage in Student Affairs programming can identify an awareness of diversity and articulate how to contribute to an inclusive social climate.