El Centro de Muchos Colores
Deadline: February 1 of each academic year
Freshman, sophomore, junior or seniors from any state may apply
El Centro de Muchos Colores is Fort Lewis College's thriving Hispano Resource Center actively working for improved retention and recruitment of Hispanic/Multicultural students at Fort Lewis College. $250 to $500 per year, renewable up to 4 years
- Must have minimum cumulative 2.50 GPA and financial need
- Foundation Scholarship Application; academic transcript(s); listing of academic & extra curricular accomplishments or personal resume required
- In at least one paragraph of your essay: Please state how your past experiences align with El Centro's purpose statement: "El Centro provides a place for anyone interested in Hispanic culture and assists with the retention and recruitment of Hispano/Multicultural students."
Application online at Financial Aid Website, or click here, or come by El Centro de Muchos Colores, room 40 Student Union Building. For more information, call Shirena Trujillo Long, El Centro Coordinator, 970-247-7290, or e-mail: long_s@fortlewis
Fitness Lifestyle Scholarship
Available to: Current high school, alumni and college students.
Deadline: Submit by 11:59pm on Dec 31st, 2015.
Award Amount: $500
Eligibility for Payout of Scholarship Winnings
- Must be currently residing in the United States.
- All eligible participants must be a currently enrolled full-time in college, an alumni or in high school
- Student must provide the address of the college's Financial Aid Office for the college they attended, plan on attending or are current enrolled at
- Student must provide college/high school student identification number.
The infoparrot Scholarship of Academic Excellence
Available to: (Undergraduate, Graduate, HS Senior)
Deadline: 11:59PM EST, December 31, 2015.
Award Amount: $1250
Short summary of requirements or how to apply: (Write an essay) The internet has allowed people from all over the world to develop and create businesses like never before. How can western countries benefit from this new “horizontal exchange of services”? Should the market regulate itself or should the government interfere? Finally, express your own opinion about the internet’s impact on the global economy. (see website for more detail)
Technology Addiction Awareness Scholarship
Available to: You must be a high school freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior or a current or entering
college or graduate school student of any level
Deadline: January 30, 2016
Award Amount: $1,000
Short summary of requirements or how to apply: Complete the application form including a 140-character message about technology addiction. The top 10 applications will be selected as finalists. The finalists will be asked to write a full length 500- to 1,000-word essay about technology addiction.
The 9th Annual Create-A-Greeting-Card
Available to: All high school, college and university students enrolled at any time during the latter half of
2015 in an academic program designed to conclude with the awarding of a diploma or a degree are welcome to participate in our scholarship competition.
Deadline: Contest submissions accepted from May 26, 2015 - February 25, 2016
Award Amount: $10,000
Short summary of requirements or how to apply: Fill out the entry form and upload artwork or
photograph in JPEG (.jpg) format. Submit photo, artwork or computer graphic for
the front of a greeting card. Photo, art or graphics submitted must be your
own original work/creation
This scholarship does not require specific GPA, major or financial need.
The Durango Education Foundation offers several scholarships for seniors graduating from high school programs in Durango School District 9-R. These scholarships are funded by individual donors or donor families and administered by DEF. The Following scholarships are being offered for 2015:
- A-Team D.E.F. Scholarship
- Brinton Family Girl's Swimming Scholarship
- DLM Family Scholarship
- Tom and Ann Hartney Scholarship
- Robert and Christine Finegan Heinich Scholarship
- Newbold Scholarship
- Joseph Philpott Fine Arts Scholarship
- Sachs Construction LLC Scholarship
- Louis S. Tamez Memorial Scholarships
- Zink Family Scholarship
All scholarships have specific criteria and requirements. For more information about specific requirements and criteria click here.
Applications for all scholarships must be received by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at the Durango Education Foundation, 201 E. 12th St, Durango, CO 81301. Please note: They do not accept applications electronically. For more information, contact the Foundation at (970) 385-1491 or 9RFoundation@gmail.com.